Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Keep Your Eye On The Ball

I was wondering last night if we could get a glimpse five years or ten years in the future how many of us would actually do it…how many of us would jump through time just to see where we would be five or ten years from now. I would not do it. There are a lot of reasons why I would not do it, fear being top of the list, not fear of disappointment, it would be more fear that someone I love would not be there, fear of shock, there is a reason why things work the way they do…to protect us from the things we could not handle emotionally.

These scientists experimenting with Cryogenics, are doing this with the idea that some terminally ill patients would choose to be frozen and suspended in time until there is a cure for whatever terminal illness they have is found. Think about it, that could be 5 years or 45 years, who in their right mind would do that? In my opinion it would have to be a very selfish person, one who did not care about a loved ones pain, to me if the person I loved was frozen in time and I knew I might not be here when they thaw they would basically be asking me to live a life of pain greater than if they had just succumbed to their illness naturally.

I think what scientists fail to realize, other than what a horrific waste of research money it is, is that the person once re-entering into their lives most likely would not survive anyway, the stress of returning and coping with the changes in their lives would be more than most could bare. See their emotions would not have gradually accepted the things that have occurred while they were gone, their emotional attachments would have remained exactly as they were the day they were cryogentically preserved, (not sure preserved is the right word) they would be jumping ahead…into the future…and would be required to emotionally cope with anything and everything that may have occurred in the meantime, and most people could not do this, just as we would not be able to cope should we be shown our life five, ten or twenty five years ahead.

Guys I have some friends who live just outside of Atlanta Georgia, and to say that they are baseball fanatics would be like saying ice is not really all that cold, they are baseball lunatics, years ago they invited me to visit, and attend a Braves Game, it’s really not a bad drive, Georgia is just on the other side of Nashville, I don’t recall the reason now, but I declined well they did not speak to me for about a year afterwards because unbeknown st to me I had committed a cardinal sin. But I have been to several games since my sin. I have to say, I’m not really a big fan of Baseball, but I do understand the game, and since I have been to a few games I have learned a little more but I guess more than anything I enjoyed the Americana of the whole thing, and some of the theatrics, my friends with their war paint and huge foam hatchets.

We have all heard the expression keep your eye on the ball…

In a way this is looking ahead…the future is coming at you at around 89-90 miles an hour, the play will arrive in 20 some odd mil la seconds. The thing that I always found amazing is that every player on the field is watching the ball, except one, and that is the pitcher, the pitcher is watching the bat, when you think about it, he owns the pitch, it’s his he knows how fast he threw the ball, and how he threw the ball, and that pitches destiny lies in the bat, but amazingly everyone else is watching the ball, now think about this the play being in the future is arriving in 24 mil la seconds, guys that’s freaking fast, yet they keep their eyes on that ball and as that ball travels they are beginning to imagine the play, even though it’s happening in the blink of an eye, those guys start moving on the field prior to the crack of the bat, and what’s even more amazing if you pay close attention those who are moving are not only moving in the right direction, they are the only ones moving at all, the whole thing is amazing, so for all practical purposes they are looking into the future, and accessing the ball movement at such an incredible speed that they are 24.9 mil la seconds ahead of the ball, that’s virtually processing information at lightening speed, .9 mil la seconds ahead, visualizing the path of the ball.

Guys, none of us would jump ahead into the future to check things out, because we couldn't’t cope with what was waiting for us, but we could project .9 mil la seconds ahead, without fear, and be just ahead of the game of life, just a fraction into the future, yet still remain in total control of what’s happening.

There are two ways to approach your future outcomes,one by being in the outfield, and keeping your eye on the ball, which would be thrown by someone else, your partner your friend your child may very well be the pitcher, but you are playing the game as well, and anticipating the outcome as it affects you, the other way is to keep your eye on the bat, where as you are the pitcher and the bat is about to determine the destiny of your pitch, Setting goals and asserting control of the direction of your life, and for what you want in the future is similar to a baseball game, by keeping your eye on the ball and learning to stay one mil la second ahead of the ball, you are going to have total control over the outcome, because your going to be able to anticipate the play, the direction in which your life is heading and effectively see the future from a very safe distance of .9 mil la seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment